Pages

19.9.10

PROJECT: CUSTOM MOTOR COWLING

I've gotten tired of looking at my Outboard with it's ugly peeling decals and decided to do something about it.

So, out in the rain one day I removed the cover to get the project going. Then placed a large "drum-liner" over the vital components and wrapped the whole thing with a tarp.


Cathy works at Priority Auto and Collision in South Burlington, and they gave me a very fair price to do what I needed done.
On Friday of last week, Cathy is off to work, taking along the cowling...Exciting!

On Monday, late afternoon, she calls me to say the work is complete, the cowling is wrapped in a blanket, and in the rear of her SUV.  
She's on the way home with it...more excitement!

It's unbelievable the way it looks...Mecury OEM black, then FOUR coats of PPG CONCEPT CLEAR!
Trust me...you can shave in the reflection of this paint job!




Next: some custom graphics. 
And I've got The Wildfisherwoman helping me with that!
I'll post pictures when we're "Project Complete".

Fish on, fish H8 me.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: