Pages

22.7.10

St ALBANS BAY NEW DOCK PROJECT COMPLETED

Back on May 29, 2010 I had created a post that the Hathaway Point Access Area on St. Albans Bay was about to receive two new docks. (http://lakechamplainfishing.blogspot.com/2010/05/st-albans-bay-to-get-new-docks.html

The other day, Phil, a fishing buddy of mine, sent me an email to let me know the new docks were in.  Today I took a ride out on the Point to check on the status and see them for myself.  I was greeted with the pleasant view of two very handsome, sturdy, well built docks.  This is a public facility in a protected bay that sees a great deal of use by fisherman and pleasure boaters alike.  The docks here have been falling apart over the past few years, and for the past two years, there had actually only been one dock in the water.  The other dock had completely disintegrated and was no longer serviceable.

My hat is off to Mike Wichrowski, Vermont Fish & Wildlife Administrator for getting the job done.  He's done an excellent job upgrading this facility located on the shores of Lake Champlain.
If your a frequent user of this facility, or appreciate the work he's done on many of the public access sites located around the state, send Mike a thank you, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.  Click here to send Mike an email.





It's a far cry from what we had:

ON ANTHER NOTE

While driving along the shores of St. Albans Bay, I spotted the Weed Harvester, hard at work. 
The Weed Harvester is owned and operated by THE ST. ALBANS AREA WATERSHED ASSOCIATION.
The St. Albans Area Watershed Association was created in 2002 with the primary goal of restoring the water quality of St. Albans Bay and the surrounding watershed. To learn more about the association, visit their website at http://newsaawa.homestead.com/.
I wonder if some of the local farmers could use this as fertilizer instead of what they currently use???

Fish on, fish H8 me.
Raz
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

WILDFISHERWOMAN said...

OMG!!! I cant believe my eyes!!!! Going to have to go test those out!!!!!