Pages

12.5.10

INLAND SEA FORAGE FISH

The bait is back!
During the last week I've noticed lots of bait showing up in the Inland Sea. Most bait I'm finding is around structure, very little out in the deeper water. Although I've spent "some" time fishing over the deeper water (80+), I've only managed a couple fish out there. Most fish I'm catching are coming from around structure, structure that's holding bait.
I had a very interesting find last night while cleaning a nice fat, unmarked, chunky 20" salmon; a full gut, packed. Several unrecognizable, 4 or 5 alewife's (3"), one very small perch, and two, 4" smelt!.
Ye-haaa, the smelt have arrived back in the Sea!! (I hope).

The bait is starting to appear!
These guys know it, and they're much better fisherman than I!

 
Fish on, fish H8 me.
Raz
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: